Fountain Square 1905
The spired building at left is the Rood Building which burnt in 1946. That same year the fountain was removed and the old elm trees taken down. The message below the photo notes that a new bank has replaced the pharmacy at what is now the National Bank of Detroit.
This is an early hand colored Curt Teich photo. Strict postal regulations reserved the back of the card for the address leaving a small margin for the message.