Central & Green Bay
A summer morning about 1910. Streetcars ran from Howard Street to the end of the line at Lincolnwood Drive. This was later route number one of the Evanston Bus Company. The building at left is now a bank and a parking lot. The sweeping steps are gone but they can still be seen today at the opposite corner. A Bowman Dairy delivery truck is parked at the right. Photograph by P. L. Huckins.