Church & Sherman 1908
Looking north on Church Street through the intersection of Church & Sherman. The downtown started at Davis Street and gradually grew north toward the University. That's the old post office at the left on the current site of Osco Drug. Haven School is on the right where the Marshall Field store was built in 1929. Haven was the high school before it was moved west on Church Street to Dodge Avenue. In the center is the Manual Training College which taught industrial arts and crafts.